Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mixtape Monday #2: Baroque & British

2009 All Points West Music & Arts Festival - Day 2 - Show
Okay, so its Tuesday, but I've been busy so here's this week's mixtape. This is the Baroque and British tape, which is like lush British stuff, basically stuff that I see has a connection or is influenced by Scott Walker. And he's not even British!

Baroque and British Mixtape
1. It's Raining Today- Scott Walker
2. The Universal- Blur
3. Dissolved Girl- Massive Attack
4. Lose My Breath- My Bloody Valentine
5. Stay With Me- Spiritualized
6. Quicksand- David Bowie
7. Radian- Air
8. Fake Plastic Trees- Radiohead
9. Paper Tiger- Beck

So obviously these are not all British groups, both Walker and Beck being American, MBV being Irish and Air being French. Fake plastic trees is kind of a shoo in for something like this, but I guess I didn't have a choice. Radian is a great lesser know Air song, kind of a Mike Mills-esque center piece for 10,000 hz Legend. These songs have a great kind of thematic blend. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment